***Click on the images to enlarge***

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

GRAND CENTRAL

Grand Central is a place where the most important value is velocity, everything is about speed and time; fast food, fast business, train hours, delays and schedules. But in the middle of this fast forward life you can find a few tourist or people who don't really care about this velocity, people taking pictures, looking and enjoying the amazing building, family, friends and lovers encounters.
The contrast between these people is what i tried to represent in my photographs. It was a challenge because It was a closed place and i hate using flash, so i made some experiments with my tripod....i even laid on the floor of grand central!!!

1 comment:

Oscar said...

Haha I saw you taking pictures almost lying down on the floor... That's what I used to do when I first got my camera and my friends were so embarrassed of me. I also hate using flash--well, at least in some cases--and using slow shutter speed definitely lets you see an entirely different world.